the best audio mod for the model 1 genesis?

Started by sodom, October 13, 2010, 02:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sodom

ive seen/read of a couple of different ways people are getting stereo/improved audio out of the model 1 genesis, i was wondering if anyone had an opinion to the best one.

Drakon

Quote from: sodom on October 13, 2010, 02:03:31 AM
ive seen/read of a couple of different ways people are getting stereo/improved audio out of the model 1 genesis, i was wondering if anyone had an opinion to the best one.

yes.  There's a headphone jack on the front of the system that outputs stereo sound.  I found it to be pretty awesome.

sodom

how is the quality of the sound from the headphone jack compared to that from the YM2612 sound chip?  wouldnt getting the sound straight from the chip be better? 

sodom

i was just thinking about it, and a long time ago i remember reading about a guy who upgraded the ym2612 with a different chip.  i was just looking on wikipedia and it says that the ym2612 is a stripped down version of the YM2608, could that be it?

zedrein

I am curious about this as well. The problem with using a headphone out is that it delivers a hotter signal that the line-level signal that's coming from the proprietary out, so the signal-to-noise ratio isn't very good.

Drakon

I don't get any noise from the headphone jack hooked into my amp.  It's nothing but 100% beautiful crystal clear audio.  Maybe I have a good revision of the model 1?