(called on)Free Sony TV w/ multi rgb input in Kent WA

Started by Rockin' Kat, July 17, 2010, 01:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockin' Kat

Hi,

First off, so save you time reading, this is in need of servicing and is a pick up only and is in Kent, WA about 45 minutes to an hour south of Seattle(though I may be willing to drive it a little distance). I am going to Portland Retro Gaming Expo at the end of September, and am willing to load it in the station wagon and take it with me if someone would like to meet me there for it.

It's a Sony KV-25XBR set. It's one of the first XBR models from Sony and has a 25" display. When I got it, the cone filter was bad so it'd been stored unused for a while. I got it fixed and it worked well off cable and composite video. CRT is good.

Now come the current issues. I could never get the RGB input working. This could be because of issues with the input connector, or just my own clulessness/incompetence. One of the +5 pins does not carry any voltage, but I'm not an expert. It also has a cold solder joint somewhere that causes vertical sweep to stop at center. When this has happened I've always been around to shut it off right away so it hasn't been able to burn out the CRT. You will obviously need to fix this.

This set comes with a service manual and a bunch of schematics. It also comes with a little metal box that mounts over the RGB input. I made it with intentions of giving it a 9-pin VGA connector, but as I said, I never got it working. It screws onto a couple unused auxiliary coax inputs.

panzeroceania

I live in Salem, OR but could meet you at that expo in Portland (depending on the day) in any case I could certainly work out to meet you in portland or vancouver.

Rockin' Kat

@panzeroceania Be sure to check your private messages.