MT-32 sound on Roland SC-88VL

Started by Daimakaimura, April 08, 2010, 03:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daimakaimura

Hi there,
recently I've buy an SC-88VL for MIDI sound. It's an excellent piece of hardware, but I have noticed a problem with the games that support MT-32 only. For example, in the games compatible with CM-64 and SC-55 the sound is crisp and amazing, but in games like Final Fight and Atomic Robokid (MT-32), since there is full compatibility, there is not the same sound conceived in origins. Basically, in this games there is an annoying background distoner that change the musics melody. I've compared the SC-88 VL Final Fight MIDI with some youtube videos, and the sound risults completely different.
The question is: is there a way to obtain the exact MT-32 sound with SC-88? Have I to change some options to have this?

Taka

Hi :)

SC-88VL operates in the CM-64 mode when SC-88VL turns on power while pushing a left button of [INSTRUMENT]. However, PAN (right and left) reverses.

Game (Granada) to edit the tone cannot be reproduced at all though the sound of MT-32 can be reproduced in the CM-64 mode of SC-88VL to some degree.