PAL Gamecube CSYNC Pin

Started by davizonshay, January 04, 2011, 12:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davizonshay

hi everyone, it's probably been discussed to death but i can't seem to find a definite answer, i want to make my own PAL Gamecube RGB cable and i don't know where to wire the CSYNC, i understand that on the PAL model it's not on pin 3 in the multi out but i don't know where it should be instead. any help is appreciated, thanks.

NFG

There's no dedicated CSYNC pin, you'll have to use composite video, I believe.

davizonshay

thanks, so does it mean that there is a difference in the image quality? also should i put a 220uf cap on that as well, I've read somewhere that this is how the original cable is wired.

davizonshay

been trying for a while now to get my PAL Gamecube to output RGBS through 4 RCA plugs (because its hooked up via my DVDO), and for the life of me can't figure out where to take the sync from i tried wiring it to the composite video with no luck, I've successfully manged to modify both my SNES and even did the RGB mod for the N64 the only nintendo machine that gives me a hard time is the cube, does anyone know how to get it done? also the 3rd party cable i used to experiment on worked fine so i'm obviously missing something here.
if all else fails... who's in the market for a nice modded cube?  ;D

RGB32E

You could go a slightly different route - mod a component cable to output RGBHV and connect to the DVDO that way.

http://www.gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=av:gamecube_rgb

Quote from: davizonshay on January 17, 2011, 09:38:46 PM
been trying for a while now to get my PAL Gamecube to output RGBS through 4 RCA plugs (because its hooked up via my DVDO), and for the life of me can't figure out where to take the sync from i tried wiring it to the composite video with no luck, I've successfully manged to modify both my SNES and even did the RGB mod for the N64 the only nintendo machine that gives me a hard time is the cube, does anyone know how to get it done? also the 3rd party cable i used to experiment on worked fine so i'm obviously missing something here.
if all else fails... who's in the market for a nice modded cube?  ;D

davizonshay

thanks for your reply RGB32E, your way might work for me but it's much more expensive (79$ on ebay with free shipping for the cable), also i have the PAL Gamecube and it has RGB out so why mess with something that should work. anyways as i stated before the 3rd party cable i used prior to the failed attempt of making my own worked with my SNES and my Gamecube, i think that there is some pin on the console side that needs to be jumpered or grounded and that that is what i'm missing. i guess i can build a sync separator circuit and try that too but i'm looking for the easier way out. it seems that i never run out of more reasons to hate the cube, my least favorite console of all time, though i do think we have a mutual dislike for each other by now.  :)