RGB modded NES system - what is it worth?

Started by eastbayarb, July 10, 2013, 06:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eastbayarb

I have an RGB NES system. It is painted black, has a window on the top to see the cartridge inserted, has a red LED when you turn it on, and 2 knobs on the back for adjusting the sound channels. It als has the extra sound channel mod for games that support extra sound channels.

Included with the console is the power supply, 2 turbo controllers, and SCART RGB cable. I am in the USA. This works great, and there are no problems with the picture quality. I have owned this for about 1.5 years and never had a prob. I just need the money.

Front of the console:

https://imageshack.us/a/img16/8155/37i4.jpg

Back of the console:

https://imageshack.us/a/img4/5166/4jxt.jpg

What is the value?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RGB32E

Who modded it?  Are you curious to get more than what you paid for it?

eastbayarb

Acem77 modded it for me. He also did my 3DO and PC engine. I am curious as to what it is worth to determine if I want to sell.

Drakon

Quote from: eastbayarb on July 10, 2013, 08:00:06 AM
Acem77 modded it for me. He also did my 3DO and PC engine. I am curious as to what it is worth to determine if I want to sell.

I've worked inside of an acem77 rgb nes that someone paid me to redo the modwork in because it was producing terrible jailbars.  I fixed the jailbars and the modwork he had done.  It wasn't very pretty inside the machine, I didn't even turn on the machine in the state it arrived in.  I also think installing a rgb ppu inside of a toaster nes is a bad idea top loaders are better.  Suspending an expensive rgb ppu upside-down makes it easy for the ppu to fall out and fry from short circuiting.  The rgb amp acem77 used in that machine I worked on was just a single transistor there's no way that amp could have been strong enough.  The owner of the machine confirmed with me that the built in amp was too weak.  Maybe the one you have is a better version and the one I worked on was a super early effort.  I was lucky enough that the f-labo was around when I started doing serious commissions.

Post your black box on nintendoage maybe someone there will go for it.  I know there's a lot of people out there who don't know the difference between a good quality rgb mod and everthing else.  There's plenty of people who think the quality of a mod depends on how nicely the jacks are installed and not how good the picture and sound quality are.

eastbayarb

Mine i assure yoy is very good quality.  I have an actual RGB monitor, not a component video converter or XRGB as many people have.

Drakon

Quote from: eastbayarb on July 10, 2013, 11:59:28 PM
Mine i assure yoy is very good quality.  I have an actual RGB monitor, not a component video converter or XRGB as many people have.

Well, try nintendoage, lots of market activity there.

acem77

:o Oh not this again, Slaps Drakon in the face with a large trout.
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=22&threadid=63597

On the other note, sad to see you lost the loving feeling for your NES eastbayarb :(