PAC-S1 for Laseractive fix, need advice please..

Started by horror77, October 11, 2009, 01:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horror77

I have a Laseractive I just got in the mail and turning it on made me question what was going on with it. It plays cart based games with no problem but doesnt allow me to play LD games or Sega CD games. It doesnt show the Mega Drive CD/ Sega CD logo but it does have sega 1993 printed on the bottom when I turn it on. I think its a caps problem.

I actually read somewhere that the upper board of the Pac is for sound. My Pac wont play CD based games at all and would love to replace my lower caps and then try so I dont get though all of them and then find out it was all for nothing anyways.. any truth to this?

I am wondering if the Tolerance (%) and Temperature Range (degC) make any difference in this application? What have you two used?

There are five different types of caps on the board and I kinda feel like I will do a write up on this subject and make it fool proof. What caps did you replace them with exactly?

the ones I see are labeled

G1
16V
(apr.. 2)

D3
50V
(apr.. 1)

F4
16V
(apr.. 9)

F4
16V
(apr.. 65)

F4
6V
(apr.. 1)

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I will attemp this as I always wanted it for the Sega CD more than for cart gameplay.. Viva SEGA! and thanks!

Tiido Priimägi

you can use any electrolythic capacitor that's voltage rating is not exceeded. There's generally no more than 5V used in the system, at least not where there's digital parts.
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)