Interested in a PS1 or PSone questions show me you knowledge

Started by s8n, September 22, 2009, 06:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

s8n

hi team , i am interested in buying some PS1 or PSone's solely for 1 purpose ie playing Guncon-45 games on a Arcade Monitor (see below).

Ghoul Panic
Point Blank 1
Point Blank 2
Point Blank 3

i already have some knowledge about PS1's ie the " Dreaded FMV Skipping Dilemma " in early SCPH models

what i need to know..........

1. Can i use a some sort of boot disc to boot games instead of a Modchip what are my options [censored] ?

2. A RGB SCART Cable is a must for the Arcade Machine for input do the SCPH-7000/9000/100 " PSone" series models accept it NTSC and PAL machines ?

3. Similar to the above question do the SCPH-7000/9000/100 " PSone" series models accept NAMCO Guncon-45's ?

4. Again of the SCPH-7000/9000/100 " PSone" series models have less problems is a better stronger build and which has a better stronger Laser ?

5. [censored]

checkout this wiki page for some info if needed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation

s8n

NFG

With apologies, we don't allow or condone discussions of backups on these forums.  Imports are fine, copies are not.  Your post has been censored a little.

s8n

hiya Loz , actually i should apologize sorry about those questions ........some forums its acceptable some not.

i would like to rephrase question 2 if i could , do SCART RGB Cables work with NTSC PS1's ?......they work with NTSC PS2's but would like a confirm on PS1

any info is neat

s8n

Endymion

Quote from: s8n on September 22, 2009, 11:29:54 PM
i would like to rephrase question 2 if i could , do SCART RGB Cables work with NTSC PS1's ?

Yes. In fact, it will take the same SCART RGB cable as a PS2.

s8n

thanks for the update and info Endymion its much appreciated

s8n

phreak97

i dont have any solid numbers for you, but arcade monitors run at higher levels, if you connect a ps1 directly you'll get a dim or washed out image, you need a video amp of some kind.

the cheapest way to boot an import game on an unmodified playstation is to jam the button down so the console thinks the disc cover is closed when it's open, put in a native region game, turn the power on, wait until the second playstation logo comes up (the "PS" one with the black background), then grab the disc out and put the import one in, I think you have to be fairly quick, try experimenting..

some people believe this method will damage the drive motor over time because you have to grab out the disc while it's spinning, this is quite possible, but I never had a problem.

otherwise you could buy a game enhancer, they plug in to the io port on the back of the old big grey playstations and among other functions allow you to play imports. I think they require the lid closed button to be jammed down too, they came new with a cool little spring thing that clipped between the lid and the button so you could still open and close the lid but the button was always pressed.
not sure on the method for booting an import, but I know it was alot better than the swap trick above.