Problem connecting PS3 to HD CRT SONY PROJECTOR

Started by joey10sl, May 08, 2009, 05:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey10sl

I have found no solution or possible way ti fix this... yet. The ps3 obviously uses the three component cables for hd, which has sync on green. My problem is that my projector will have a flickering picture if i only hook up the three colors since it also has a v and h sync. So is there anyway wiring (schematic) or hardware that can be purchased to "split" the syncs off of the green component into separate cables? heres a diagram to explain more.

PS3 ------3 color component------ 3 separate red green-s and blue     TO  VGA --------- has 5 cables from the vga-------PROJECTOR.

RGB32E

Please respond with the MODEL NUMBER of your projector.  (More information is needed) :)

The only reason one would need a sync stripper (LM1881 alone doesn't solve this) would be if you set your PS3 to Mult-AV out -> 480P mode.  Sounds like you are configured for component.... so what you are requesting doesn't sound right.

There are COMPONENT to RGB decoders out there... but it would be best to know the model number of your projector, so that the operational manual can be found for RTFM!  ;D

joey10sl

Sorry about that. The model is a (ancient, but good) Sony VPH-D50Q. I want to play in either 720p or 1080i or 1080p since such a large screen NEEDs high def. I ordered this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=170329049654
part to try and fix it. Should be here in a few days. Ill post to tell if it works... ::)

joey10sl

antron

the HDFury will convert DVI/HDMI to VGA at any resolution.