reworking a button on a controller (making a one button do what another does)?

Started by macabre, November 19, 2010, 10:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macabre

I got my hands on an adapter that makes ps2 controllers work on dreamcast, and an adapter that makes xbox controllers work on ps2.

When using these two adapters, I can use a logitech wireless xbox controller on my dreamcast.

But, the in the adapters work, they've decided to make the dreamcast triggers rout to the xbox controllers black/white buttons.

Inside the logitech controller, will it be easy for me to solder a wire from one point of the specific button to one point of its corresponding trigger? So that when I press the trigger on the controller, it registers as the button being pressed?

I understand that both the original dreamcast triggers and also the logitech xbox controller triggers are analog. Due to the adapters these have already been turned into a digital button press.

NFG

Yeah, that's more or less exactly what you have to do.  There'll be two points on those buttons, and most of the time one of them is GND.  If it is, you need only swap the other wire.  If it's not GND you'll have to route BOTH to the preferred button.