[wii] diagram component cable for PAL europe

Started by JPetrucci, February 01, 2009, 06:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPetrucci

Hi,
I tried your diagram pins but it doesn't work....

| -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --   |
|  2  4  6  8 10 12 14 16  /
|_________________________/

Pin  Signal
1    Audio Left
2    Audio Right
3    Composite Video
4    +5v DC
5    GND (Audio Left)
6    GND (Audio Right)
7    red video (Pr)
8    mode select
9    green video (Y)
10   mode select
11   blue video (Pb)
12   GND (Composite Video)
13   +12v DC

Audio is OK, but nothing signal video.... (also with 8 & 10 pin together)
Can you help me, please?
Thanks!

kendrick

Welcome to GamesX. Can you please provide more details about the cable you have constructed, and the TV you're trying to provide signal to? My guess is that the TV might need an additional pin for voltage, especially if you're doing this through an SCART connector.

JPetrucci

Quote from: kendrick on February 01, 2009, 06:40:10 AM
Welcome to GamesX. Can you please provide more details about the cable you have constructed, and the TV you're trying to provide signal to? My guess is that the TV might need an additional pin for voltage, especially if you're doing this through an SCART connector.

Of course,
i have LG LCD 32'' with component in on back panel (2 for audio and 3 for video).
I want to make a component cable!

kendrick

When I say more details about the cable you've constructed, I mean... more details about the cable you've constructed. Did you use RCA or BNC connectors with solder connections, or did you scavenge plugs from an existing cable? What gauge of wire did you use to run between each connector end? Are you using a Wii video connector plug from another source, or are you using a homemade set of pins? Did you check continuity to make sure that there's a continuous ground at both ends?

Any information about the work you have done so far will help us help you troubleshoot. Otherwise, it's all reasoning in a vacuum.

JPetrucci

Quote from: kendrick on February 01, 2009, 08:53:36 AM
When I say more details about the cable you've constructed, I mean... more details about the cable you've constructed. Did you use RCA or BNC connectors with solder connections, or did you scavenge plugs from an existing cable? What gauge of wire did you use to run between each connector end? Are you using a Wii video connector plug from another source, or are you using a homemade set of pins? Did you check continuity to make sure that there's a continuous ground at both ends?

Any information about the work you have done so far will help us help you troubleshoot. Otherwise, it's all reasoning in a vacuum.

I bought this component cable but the video was only black&white, so i decided to open it... (i don't know the original connections because during the opening the small jacks detached)
the connectors are 5 RCA with solder connections. I check continuity with a tester and it's ok.

kendrick

Okay, so you bought a commercially available component cable, rather than constructing one? Wouldn't the first (and last) step in repair in this case be an exchange at the store for a unit that isn't defective? :)

Link83

Just guessing here, but could it be pins 8 and 10 are not shorted?  ???

JPetrucci

Quote from: Link83 on February 01, 2009, 11:13:28 AM
Just guessing here, but could it be pins 8 and 10 are not shorted?  ???

I tried it, shorted and not shorted, but nothing, no signal....

albino_vulpix

Is the Wii, TV and game you're using all PAL?