snes pal s-video problem

Started by malgez, November 02, 2008, 07:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malgez

I just bought a monster cable s-video cable for my pal snes hoping for a great picture, but it will only output in black and white on my panasonic viera, and washed out colours on my bravia. On the bravia the only colour that comes out fine is red. it there a modification I can do so that it displays properly on the viera? ive done a lot of research and so far ive found a bit about 75 ohm resistirs on chroma and luma.

any help?

kendrick

I'm assuming that you're located in Europe and that both your TVs are PAL spec? Does this new cable have a composite lead as well? The first step in troubleshooting this problem is to make sure that other video output isn't similarly affected. Let us know what happens on both TVs with a standard, crappy composite signal from the SNES.

RGB32E

Is there a television standard setting on your Panasonic TV (PAL/PAL60/NTSC3.58/SECAM/ECT) that you could adjust to see if that fixes the issue?

I've experienced a similar issue when connecting a PAL GameCube via S-Video to a multi-standard TV.

Drakon

Quote from: malgez on November 02, 2008, 07:21:57 PM
I just bought a monster cable s-video cable for my pal snes hoping for a great picture, but it will only output in black and white on my panasonic viera, and washed out colours on my bravia. On the bravia the only colour that comes out fine is red. it there a modification I can do so that it displays properly on the viera? ive done a lot of research and so far ive found a bit about 75 ohm resistirs on chroma and luma.

any help?

I bought some sort of snes "s-video cable" off of ebay.  I plug it in....I had a picture with very washed down colour.  I take a look at the pins the cable uses...it only has pins on the composite video spot.  But somehow they wired composite video into s-video.  I know this because the cable worked on my AV famicom which does NOT has s-video output.  I wound up taking apart an official nintendo composite cable and just moving the pins to the s-video spots and wiring it into a chopped up s-video cord.  But yeah......I dunno what idiot made those third party snes s-video cables that're floating around