Why does jrok not work with a pc engine?

Started by Drakon, October 26, 2008, 10:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakon

Now I'm not going on any personal experience here.  I've never owned a turbografx or a pc engine console.  But I keep hearing that the jrok boards don't work with it when you tap it for a rgb signal.  Now I'm just curious...if that's true....then why won't it work?  Is it not able to get proper sync information or something?  I noticed my encoder board (not jrok) does slightly different things on different consoles.  On my tv both my snes and my genesis look perfect through my board.  However on my capture card that captures at about 30 fps the snes is fine.  But the genesis goes....insane.....some parts of the screen are either completely red, green, or blue.  Which is very weird considering the picture is perfect on my CRT

duo_r

which Jrok do u have the Svid board? I know someone from the PCENGINEFX forums that had success with the Jrok 4.1 Component board (not Svid) and picture looks very good.

Also the post I did on the Svid board that u have (non Jrok) didn't work well according to the same guy who has the Jrok component, he said the Svid picture looked worse than standard composite, but it sounds like u had luck with the Genesis. The Svid boards don't seam to work well with TG-16 based on what I read, but component does. If u are interested I am going to do a group buy on the Component boards, drop me a PM.

Drakon

oh no I don't have a jrok, I'm just going from what other people have told me

I had luck with both my genesis and my snes.  Genesis is just wired straight into it.  Snes is wired straight into it except there's a 100uf 10v capacitor on the sync line otherwise it doesn't get sync.  The quality is FAR superior to composite.  When I bought my crt it was a very nice model....not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.  Also thanks for the offer on the group buy but I'm perfectly happy with the s-video board I have (as you can see by the sexy screenshots).  Also my tv doesn't have component jacks which is why I got the s-vid board and not the jrok component

NFG

Several of JROK's earlier boards would completely fail on the PCE/TG.  All I got from mine was a green screen, no output at all.

Drakon

Quote from: Lawrence on October 27, 2008, 02:23:52 PM
Several of JROK's earlier boards would completely fail on the PCE/TG.  All I got from mine was a green screen, no output at all.

so why is that?  why would it would with some systems but not the pce?