what does ebay think of region free consoles?

Started by phreak97, September 14, 2008, 12:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phreak97

i've got an american snes lying around, i'm thinking of modding it up and sending it off on ebay. i know of people getting alot of money from region free consoles.. but i dont want to ruin my good record with ebay.. am i going to get in trouble? i think they got a bit more strict since then.

ken_cinder

Not a problem, provided you outline in your auction what exactly it is that has been done so that nobody gets the wrong idea, and Ebay can't pull your auction for "Copyright Infringement".

Something like "Region modified to play imports. This unit is not "chipped" and WILL NOT play backups!" would cover it for you.

If people can sell Chinese knock-off SNES systems that also run Super Famicom carts, why can't you sell one that simply has a modification to do the very same thing?

NFG

Ebay has never let logic get in the way of screwing with its customers.  I have had auctions pulled that were IMPORT-ONLY modded, ebay just doesn't care about the facts.  It's the same way they pulled imported Dreamcast auctions, quoting a low that specifically ALLOWED personal importing.

Let us know if it works.

phreak97

i've got two import snes carts listed at the moment, and they pulled one off because i said in the listing that they wont play in a pal console, but if you have an import adapter then they might, but i wont guarantee it. i relisted it after changing it so it just says they wont play on a pal console.. i got the copyright infringement email and all.

how many warnings do you get?

Rockin' Kat

If ebay gives you trouble, maybe you should check out chase the chuckwagon. I havn't bought or sold anything there yet, but I do have an account and I do check there every now and then when I want something.

phreak97

i hadnt heard of that site.. thanks for the link.
dunno how i'd go selling from australia though..

Tiido Priimägi

I recently bought some stuff from CTCW, it different from ebay, but you can get used to it easily :)
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)