XRGB2 Power Supply?

Started by honeymustard, September 08, 2008, 06:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

honeymustard

Hey, I just got an XRGB2, but it didn't come with a power supply. Does anyone know where I could get a suitable one?

I know it takes 13.8V DC, center positive.

NFG

If you find a reasonable source, let me know.  My power supply died a while ago.

I've been tempted to just open it and sort out the power, it'll probably run fine on a high-Amp 12V supplier, like a PC PSU...  Haven't checked tho, so don't try it!

honeymustard

Well I've bought a power supply that has an adjustable output (should output 12V DC) and has a bunch of different plugs, so hopefully that will work.

I did try with a MD2 power supply with an NES plug, which outputs 10V DC, but I don't think the plug quite fit (it was hard to tell how far in it went  :P), so it didn't power on.

honeymustard

I used a standard 12V DC power supply, which turned it on - all the LEDs came on. But I couldn't get a picture, and I tried it on 4 different monitors. Do you think it's because it needs 13.8V, rather than 12V, or is it just dead? The monitors did indicate something was coming through, two of them said the signal wasn't suitable, but the other two just stayed black. I couldn't bring up the XRGB menu, so I know it's not a problem with the console connected to it.

sonofx51

do you need a power supply for the xrgb2 or the + model? I have an extra one for the xrgb2, send me a pm if still interested.