I will PAY YOU to mod my N64 for RGB

Started by Raskolnikov, June 26, 2008, 09:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raskolnikov

If you have successfully modified an N64 for RGB output, I will pay you to modify mine. E-mail me, and we'll discuss this further.

I haven't hidden my e-mail address, so in case it isn't already visible, you can reach me at RoastBeef500@aol.com.

It seems that there's a lot of talk about N64 RGB modding here, and that's good because my N64 needs to be modified for that very thing; and I know some of you are good candidates. Be stand-up guys, please.  :-\ I'm dead serious about paying you.

I forgot to mention my N64's region: NTSC. "You can do it!"

eastbayarb

I will also pay for my N64 (USA) to be modded or buy a premodded N64 system just as long as I get a system that works good and doesn't display too dark or bright

eastbayarb@gmail.com

please email me directly

kendrick

Just a reminder, please don't express hostile disagreement in the forum. Also, when you start a new thread you're implicitly accepting that other posters may or may not respond. When moderating, Lawrence and I reserve the right to move or delete posts as necessary.

Raskolnikov

Quote from: kendrick on June 29, 2008, 12:10:31 PM
Just a reminder, please don't express hostile disagreement in the forum. Also, when you start a new thread you're implicitly accepting that other posters may or may not respond. When moderating, Lawrence and I reserve the right to move or delete posts as necessary.

Would you please remove that guy's post? I already appealed to the moderators, so would you please do it now? You know that what he's doing isn't fair to me. Remove every post on here that isn't the original.

kendrick

Quote from: Raskolnikov on June 29, 2008, 12:14:34 PM
Would you please remove that guy's post? I already appealed to the moderators, so would you please do it now? You know that what he's doing isn't fair to me. Remove every post on here that isn't the original.

Eastbaybarb's post may be of questionable motivation, but no forum rules have been broken. This only ends one of two ways: either we all learn to live with unexpected responses when we post, or I remove the whole thread.

Requests for paid assistance are perfectly acceptable on GamesX. But we're not running a classifieds service, so you shouldn't expect the same protections or guarantees that come with a formal advertisement. If you don't find that acceptable then I suggest you take your request to a board with an official marketplace forum, or to a service like Craigslist.

Link83

Hey everyone, no need to get cross at each other!

I may be able to help you both, as I think I have figured out the reason some NTSC N64's have a great RGB picture. Please see this thread:-

http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=3231.0

Any idea what board revisions your N64's have? You need the NUS-CPU-03 motherboard - I know all consoles with a serial starting 'NS10' have them.

Also, what countries are you based in? (im from the UK) and do you already have a scart cable with the capacitors removed? Or are you using your own custom cables?

Just to let you know, im not an 'expert' modder (Have only been doing it 6 months) but I have already done three N64 RGB mods now

eastbayarb

Quote from: Link83 on June 30, 2008, 03:19:28 AM
Hey everyone, no need to get cross at each other!

I may be able to help you both, as I think I have figured out the reason some NTSC N64's have a great RGB picture. Please see this thread:-

http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=3231.0

Any idea what board revisions your N64's have? You need the NUS-CPU-03 motherboard - I know all consoles with a serial starting 'NS10' have them.

Also, what countries are you based in? (im from the UK) and do you already have a scart cable with the capacitors removed? Or are you using your own custom cables?

Just to let you know, im not an 'expert' modder (Have only been doing it 6 months) but I have already done three N64 RGB mods now

I am in the USA and my N64's serial number is NS106780981 (so according to your NS10 criteria, mine should be moddable). I even opened up my N64 and sure enough, the top of the motherboard does in fact say NUS-CPU-03.  I have a custom RGB cable (has a DB15 connector on it) that I use with my SNES, but I also have a couple of SCART RGB cables, as I plan to eventually mod my XRGB-2 to use SCART RGB cables.

Link83

Quote from: eastbayarb on July 06, 2008, 09:06:47 AM
I am in the USA and my N64's serial number is NS106780981 (so according to your NS10 criteria, mine should be moddable). I even opened up my N64 and sure enough, the top of the motherboard does in fact say NUS-CPU-03.  I have a custom RGB cable (has a DB15 connector on it) that I use with my SNES, but I also have a couple of SCART RGB cables, as I plan to eventually mod my XRGB-2 to use SCART RGB cables.
Hi,
Your N64 should be fine for the RGB mod  :)

The only problem is shipping is extremely expensive from the US to UK  :( - from the multiple ebay sellers I have asked when trying to get an NTSC N64 for myself shipping to the UK is $30.50 for just the console. Then its about the same cost again to send it back, plus alittle bit extra for my time/materials and/or a modified scart cable if you wanted one and youd be looking at around $80-$90 - So it probably isnt worth your while sending it to me unless you are really desperate for the mod - sorry.

Hopefully there will be someone else on these boards who is based in the US and so could mod if for you alot cheaper?

If you'd like to discuss this further please feel free to PM me  :)

eastbayarb

Link83,

well, i finally had some free time and dispite my shaky hands, I performed the RGB mod and it looks SWEET! Not dark, not bright, but SWEET! And my Z64 with compact flash to IDE/2gb CF card makes it even more worth it. Thank you!

Raskolnikov

Is this the N64 mod on GameSX you're talking about?

Quote from: eastbayarb on July 11, 2008, 04:38:26 PMAnd my Z64 with compact flash to IDE/2gb CF card makes it even more worth it. Thank you!

And what does that mean?  ???

kendrick

The Z64 is an external storage unit for the N64 that uses a standard IDE interface. Although it qualifies as a modification, the subject of copying or playing ROM images is off-topic for this entire forum.