SCART to Component adaptor

Started by eastbayarb, June 12, 2008, 09:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eastbayarb

I just picked up one of these on ebay :

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SCART-RGB-to-YUV-Component-Video-Converter-Adapter_W0QQitemZ330242627110QQihZ014QQcategoryZ14965QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I tried my SCART cables with SNES, Genesis 2, and Jaguar on my TV which is a CRT TV and while it does display, the screen rolls. These are NTSC systems by the way. I also tried this adaptor and connected it to my Vdigi VD-Z3 component to VGA transcoder on my CRT 37" RGB/VGA monitor and I get no display at all.

Just letting you all know before anyone wants to buy an adaptor like this.

tsenzen

either way, unless im assuming your running a pal system,.. the results will always be the same.. it needs to be modified for ntsc/japanese pin out..

RGB32E

Quote from: tsenzen on June 12, 2008, 10:52:14 AM
either way, unless im assuming your running a pal system,.. the results will always be the same.. it needs to be modified for ntsc/japanese pin out..

Sounds like he's using cables wired for J21.  Hence, user error... so
J21      SCART
red  -> Red
green-> Dead End
blue -> Sync
sync -> GND

So, if you connect Red to Red, Green to nowhere, blue to the sync pin, and sync to  ground, you'll get a rolling picture....  :-\

eastbayarb

Quote from: RGB32E on June 13, 2008, 11:01:29 AM
Quote from: tsenzen on June 12, 2008, 10:52:14 AM

Sounds like he's using cables wired for J21.  Hence, user error... so
J21      SCART
red  -> Red
green-> Dead End
blue -> Sync
sync -> GND

So, if you connect Red to Red, Green to nowhere, blue to the sync pin, and sync to  ground, you'll get a rolling picture....  :-\

Actually, I am using NTSC (USA) systems but with Euro SCART cables connected to the SCART to Component adaptor and that is connected to my TV which is also NTSC (USA).

eastbayarb

RGB32E

Hmmm.... doesn't sound too fun.  The converter I picked up came with a ~110VAC to 7.5VDC adapter.  I've noticed that all of the SCART -> Component converters up on ebay recently are sold with ~220VAC to 12VDC adapters.  So, perhaps there's something different about the units (other than the ac adapter)?  Maybe the Voltage regulators are different?  I recall someone on this forum buying one that came with a ~220VAC adapter and it worked for them...  Have you verified that the unit is getting the appropriate power (green LED lit ok)?  You might just have to try and return or exchange it though if all else fails....