PAL Wii in NTSC mode + RGB Problems

Started by Cyber Axe, March 19, 2008, 08:08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Axe

I have a PAL Wii and recently bought a Freeloader and imported SSBB since i couldn't be arsed waiting till July.

However when the game boots the RGB signal outputs RED and GREEN only it seems no BLUE at all so the screen is pretty much completley Red with Some Green here and there, i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas?

The Cable is the Official Nintendo RGB cable and it works fine in PAL games in PAL-60

The Wii is set to 480i i tried it in 576i as a test but the game just black screened and wouldnt boot.

I have to resort to plugging my cable into the non RGB Scart Socket just now and hence have sucky Composite Signal :(

blackevilweredragon

I think, and I could be wrong on this, been a LONG time since I checked out the Wii as I don't have one, but I think that when your Wii is in NTSC mode, those RGB pins become Component video pins, thus the color format is incompatible.

For example, on my HDTV (Component Video), when I set my PS2 from Component to RGB, I get a very pink picture

NFG

I think BEWD is right.  The software controls the output, and the Wii's chip has switched to NTSC mode when you loaded an NTSC game.

Cyber Axe

That's what i was thinking  :-\

Is there a way to convert component to RGB?

I've seen component to scart adapters and component to RGB + Sync adapters but the first seems like its just component on scart and the second one wouldn't work i'd tihnk since the Wii Component cables have 3 outs and no sync (also would be nice to find such a thing with audio in too)

This way i could just plug in a component cable and get god quality on both PAL and NTSC

Leady

Have you tried a S-Video cable? Because the Wii in NTSC-Mode is not capable of giving you an RGB-Signal but instead a S-Video Signal.

The german Wikipedia article of Wii says this:

Bild:
    * Ausgang: (PAL) analog mit Composite(FBAS)-, RGB- und Komponentensignalen(YPbPr) am proprietären Multi-AV-Port
    * Ausgang: (NTSC) analog mit Composite(FBAS)-, S-Video(YC)- und Komponentensignalen(YPbPr) am proprietären Multi-AV-Port