Commodore 1084 to VGA cable, 15pin RGB cable

Started by eastbayarb, March 08, 2008, 05:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eastbayarb

I have a Sony PVM 2530 that has a cable adaptor to accept cables wired for a commodore 1084 monitor. I have many cables wired for a 1084 but, my other monitor which is an NEC XM29 multisync has a VGA connector and does support 15khz as well as 31khz. I have tried to create a suitable db9 (1084) to VGA adaptor cable (and another guy that has more experience with these things) but it doesnt work

can someone tell me how to properly make a db9 (1084) to VGA cable ?

Also, some of my console cables (SNES, Genesis) have a 15pin connector on the end (it looks like an old game port connector or Mac video cable). Anyone know the pinouts for this or even what kind of monitor or whatever it is used for? I have system cables from two different people so I imagine it may be some sort of standard.

NeWmAn

Do the cables that have the 15pin connector come from Japan? I'm asking because some Japanese only PCs use a connector like that:
http://www.gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=av:japanese_rgb-15

eastbayarb

Quote from: ニユ-マン on March 08, 2008, 08:50:41 AM
Do the cables that have the 15pin connector come from Japan? I'm asking because some Japanese only PCs use a connector like that:
http://www.gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=av:japanese_rgb-15

I really don't know. I got them from two different people and one guy that gave me one of the cables said that a guy on either the assembler or digitpress forums made them but doesn't do them any more.

I still would like a working db9/1084 to VGA cable...

eastbayarb

when I got my pvm-2530 monitor, it came with a 23pin to db9 cable (the db9 cable was wired for a 1084 monitor).Then a db9 to db15 cable was attatched to my snes/n64, genesis1!master system/neo geo, psx/ps2, and genesis2/32x adaptors (those adaptors have db15 on the end. Now the saturn and jaguar cables have db9 on the end so need for the db9 to db15 cable. I don't know the pinout fr the db15 cable. I would really like a working db9/1084 to vga cable to connect to my nec xm29 or mitsubishi megaview

sharpie

I *think* that a company called STSI may have these in adapter (not cable) form.  I think they are on eBay.