Neo Geo Newbie And Mod Questions

Started by Drewman21, March 05, 2005, 06:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drewman21

Hi all,
       I'm looking for a bit of help here.  I recently got job that actually pays well (state Univ) and I now have the cash to buy up some older systems and games that I never got when I was younger like the Neo Geo.
       So what i'm looking at is buying one and doing some mods with it.  I have looked around and found some info on how to do mods to it but most of the sites are dated 2003 and are ghost towns for trying to talk to anyone for info or help who were running them.
       My questions to you all are these:

-Are there any Neo Geo modding or otherwise sites that are still active in fourms, info, or sales.

-What would be a reasonable price to pay for a Neo Geo system (just cables, deck, controller).

-I'm in the states,  can I use a Jp or a US machine here?  Can either or play imports?  Is there a language condsideration if I get a Jp and try to run it?

-Any places still sell the 2.0 bios or s-video kits?

-I saw a place that is doing a Component Neo Geo mod not RGB.  Is that possible?

I thank you all ahead of time for you help, and thanks Lawence for getting the site backup.

Andrew J

NFG

If you can filter out the occasionally over-the-top fanboy raving, neo-geo.com and their forums are your best bet for current Neo info, hacks etc.  

The BIOS upgrade is just an EPROM, if you can't find someone who knows how to work the burner the uni you work at most certainly has, they should be cheap to buy from the above site.