RGB out with GBA TV Convertor ?

Started by eastbayarb, February 07, 2008, 04:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eastbayarb

I wanted to get one of those GBA TV converters from ebay as seen here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Plug-your-GBA-Gameboy-Advance-into-any-TV-with-this_W0QQitemZ170190354789QQihZ007QQcategoryZ140089QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is it possible to get RGB out from this and how?

GBA Transvererters are just not availible anywhere

eastbayarb

anyone here know how to do the RGB mod for the GBA TV Adaptor? The GBA Transverter is impossible to get.

Endymion

All you need to do is get RGB from your GameCube with the usual methods (SCART if PAL, via component cable mod if NTSC) then use Nintendo's GBA Converter. But what's wrong with component? The GBA converter will work with progressive scan, over RGB this will equate to VGA. Do you really need that, or RGB?

eastbayarb

Quote from: Endymion on March 21, 2008, 03:21:30 AM
All you need to do is get RGB from your GameCube with the usual methods (SCART if PAL, via component cable mod if NTSC) then use Nintendo's GBA Converter. But what's wrong with component? The GBA converter will work with progressive scan, over RGB this will equate to VGA. Do you really need that, or RGB?

reason I wanna do the GBA way as opposed to the Gamecube way is the Gamecube Player (I have a Gamecube with Gameboy player and component cables) is because 1) doing the cable mod is really beyond me and I don't wanna ruin the cable if I don't do it right, 3)My TV does support component video but not progressive scan and 3)Gamecube player doesn't seem to support any GBA flashcart correctly (believe me, I have tried the GBA movie player, M3 micro and they all just don't work). At least if I did RGB via GBA and ruined the GBA, it wouldn't be that big of a loss.

eastbayarb

so anyone know if the GBA TV Convertor can output RGB? GBA Transverter is impossible to find nowadays.

eastbayarb

I heard it is possible to hack the GBA TV de Advance adaptor (also known as the Gametech Gameboy Advance TV adaptor) for RGB. I saw here that a guy did it:

http://www.konlabs.com/articles_data/miracle_ray_project/index.htm

but there are no availible plans to do so. Anyone know?

NFG

The TV de Advance has some pretty clearly marked RGB pads inside the thing.  At least, mine did.  I thought I had posted pics on the forum, but I can't find them, nor can I find them on my local system.

Open it up and have a look.

eastbayarb

Quote from: Lawrence on June 07, 2008, 09:14:42 AM
The TV de Advance has some pretty clearly marked RGB pads inside the thing.  At least, mine did.  I thought I had posted pics on the forum, but I can't find them, nor can I find them on my local system.

Open it up and have a look.

do u know of a link that shows the mod? Also, do you know of another place that sells the TV De advance?