A known (well) working VGA<->TV converter

Started by solidus8, February 02, 2008, 06:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solidus8

I've seen some posts brush on this topic, yet before I commit to buy are there any known working VGA converters that can handle the low resolutions of the x68000? E-bay, of course, has many of these sub 30$ devices but will they function...Brands and models people!

Computolio

None exist. Well, technically, RGB-to-composite converters certainly exist, but they won't handle VGA resolutions. Micomsoft makes something called the XAV-2S that is intended for X68000 use- maybe it has a pass-through or something.

NFG

There are plenty of VGA to composite adaptors, a lot of people want to pipe their PCs to TVs without having a video output (especially laptop owners).  I have two, in fact.  One was a gamer-friendly unit with shit quality (a common theme) sold for about $50.  The other is a more expensive unit and, unusually, it'll do 800x600 as well as the standard 640x480 VGA.

There aren't, however, many that will take 15kHz RGB.  You'd be best served with two units: one for high res, and one for low.  None of mine work with low res RGB inputs.  =(

solidus8

Thanks again for the reply guys...that is kind of what I thought. I do however have a RGB converter for my NEOGEO MVS that I think will handle it, so thats a free time project.  Or maybe find an XRGB unit. Lawrence, you wouldn't happen to have any extra x68 keyboards you could sell me?????

NeWmAn

solidus8

Thanks, this is a very viable option for a keyboard. At the same time though I dont have an EEPROM programmer. Any thoughts?