News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

A few questions..

Started by NeWmAn, January 29, 2008, 07:19:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeWmAn

Is there a way to use SX-windows without a Mouse???
How does one stop a batch file or exit a program? I've tried Break, Control C, Ctrl Z , Esc and most of the Codekeys and still cant stop programs..

And finally, how does one know how much memory is installed in the machine? Is it displayed at boot-time?

NFG

The X68 has weird RAM handling.  You can use a program called SWITCH (it's part of HumanOS and SXWindows) which allows you to TELL the machine how much RAM it has.  I don't know if it can determine the value on its own or not...

As for KB controls?  Dunno.  SXWindows sucks, I haven't used it in years.  =/

NeWmAn

Quote from: Lawrence on January 29, 2008, 09:23:03 AM
The X68 has weird RAM handling.  You can use a program called SWITCH (it's part of HumanOS and SXWindows) which allows you to TELL the machine how much RAM it has.  I don't know if it can determine the value on its own or not...

The SWITCH command is the reason I asked the question  ???
I've seen some screenshots where at boot-time the machine displays a logo... I'm using a 31KHz monitor at the moment and I don't see any logo (probably the machine boots in lo-res), I'll try a multiscan monitor, maybe there's a system summary displayed during boot...

BTW. How does one switch the video resolution?

As for KB controls?  Dunno.  SXWindows sucks, I haven't used it in years.  =/

I'm stuck with this thing and no mouse or a comms program that is booted from the HD >:(
I' don't understand why there's a manual for the OS (Human68k) with NO mention of SX-windows and the floppies that came with it boot straight into SX-windows!

NFG

The video resolution is changed by software, I've  never seen a method to change it via user control.

The system boots in 31kHz, all initial boot messages and error messsages are 31kHz.

The reason your Human68k manual doesn't mention SXWindows is because SXWindows comes with its own manual.  Your problem is you don't have it.  =(