N64 RGB mod problem!!

Started by G011UM88, January 09, 2008, 06:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G011UM88

I am an American who tried out this N64 RGB mod and the cable I am using will not work on any of my TVs!!!! I am using a SCART to Component adapter to connect to my TV, but still, I get a messed up signal; PLEASE HELLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drewman21

The N64 does not send out a sync signal.  It sends out a composite signal that you can strip the sync out and send it to the converter.  I had to build one of the lm1881n strippers to get it to work. Look for the diagram in the wiki and put it inline. You should be good to go then.

If you plan to do other RGB cables to your converter you might want to think about building it into the enclosure so it is always inline instead of just building one for every cable.

NFG

RGB is not the same as component.  A SCART to component adaptor won't work if it's just one of those pin rearrangersthat is normally used in the reverse orientation: Taking component from a DVD player and inputting through the SCART lead into the TV. 

If it's just a cable, and not a box with a power supply and active electronics, you're out of luck.