Only SNES (not NES nor N64) Jitters on my CRT HDTV

Started by Mike 01Hawk, November 14, 2007, 12:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike 01Hawk

Output device Samsung Slimfit 30 inch WS CRT, Model: TXT3093WH, outputs 1080i

I've run my NES, SNES, and N64 thru composite to this TV.  I haven't noticed any lag in response yet with this TV, so that's good I guess..

Here's my problem: the SNES will start to jitter/bounce up and down every few seconds.

I've swapped out composite hookups, no help.
I've played the SNES on another tv, NO jitter, so it's not a faulty SNES.
However NES and N64 play just fine on the CRT

What the heck?  I would expect that if I had jitter in 1 system, I'd most definitely have it in the NES.

I'm gonna order the S-VID hookup for the SNES/N64, but I doubt that'll help my jitter issues.

Ideas?

blackevilweredragon

Try a PlayStation (PS1).  they use the same sync if I'm not mistaken. (being the PS1 is based off the SNES)

My HDTV absolutely hates my Atari 2600, but works for everything else.

NFG

Quote from: BEWD(being the PS1 is based off the SNES)
This is so, so much of a stretch. Sony developed the PS1 after their deal wtih Nintendo for an add-on CD ROM drive fell through.  Saying that the PS1 is in any way 'based off the SNES' is ludicrous.  Does it share ANY components?

Mike 01Hawk

S-video was no help....

PLUS S-video added the not so nice 'mask / fish net' (dither???) to N64 images....

Ugh... seriously thinking of just downgrading to a SDTV, but then I wouldn't get the full use out of my component Gamecube / PS2, and down the road a 360.

Mike 01Hawk

Hooked up my 3DO via S-vid... no jitters...

DAM YOU SNES!!! Lol....

Mike 01Hawk

Okay, this is just wierd now.

Now the SNES is working just FINE thru Composite..... but now it jitters on S-VID... okay, I really think it's my SNES now...

I'm in the US BTW.

-edit, I think it's the TV now, I 'pushed in' on the AV panel, and now the jitter is back on both composite/s-vid

Mike 01Hawk

Update -

I got another SNES at the local Vintage Stock... NO JITTERS!!!  :o :o :o

So yeah, turns out it was my SNES and not the cables, nor the TV.

Guess my original SNES didn't fare to well with all the hot/cold cycles while in storage in the attic :(