(FIX) SEGA Saturn RAM Cartridge Slot (FIX) - PIN's make no contact.

Started by vkp_ashley, October 14, 2007, 03:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vkp_ashley

I don't know if this problem is happening with other Saturn owners, but if it is, this is a simple (but crude) way to fix it.

The main problem that I was experiencing was that my 4MB Ram Cartridge wasn't working half the time. I'd have to constantly jam the cart in and hoped it worked. Sometimes it did, and sometimes it didn't. I didn't really know why this was until I opened my console and took a good look at the slot where the RAM cartridge goes in. I noticed that two pins weren't visible, and I jumped to the conclusion that I broke them, but this wasn't the case. If fact, the pins were just bent (pushed) backward and no contact was being made. So I bent (pushed) them back into place and checked to see if they would stay in place. Unfortunately they didn't stay, the pins just got pushed back where they were. So to solve this, I jammed two sewing needles into the slots were the pins where being pushed back into. Guess what, problem solved. I rechecked to see if the pins were still in place, and they were! So the only thing left was for me to do a quick test of the RAM cart. I booted up Dungeons & Dragons Shadow over Mystara and crossed my fingers. I'm happy to say it worked just fine.

Lost Monkey

You might want to change those to toothpicks or something else that won't kill your Saturn if they come loose and move around in there.

This is common AFAIK - I have 3 Saturns with crappy connections on the cart slot, but I had never given any thought to trying to fix them before, thanks!

kendrick

I encourage everybody to use the search function of the forum. Endymion provided a link to a cartridge contact bending tutorial in this thread here:

http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=2206.0