PC Engine RGB- colors too bright?

Started by GUTS, May 13, 2007, 04:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GUTS

I was curious if anyone had this problem- instead of my colors being extremely dark like most people, the colors are way too bright and off when I use RGB (with no amp, just straight to my JRok encoder).  Red seems to dominate and throw all the colors off, it's wierd.  I built the sync amp and that works great, but the RGB amp seems to have the opposite effect and actually dims all the colors so much that I can barely see anything when I use it.  Could I just have the RGB amp wired up wrong?  It seems strange that an amp would fix my colors being too bright.

One odd thing I've noticed on the sync amp is that I can't connect both grounds, I have to leave the leed from the 75ohm resistor un-grounded or else it doesn't work.  The RGB amp doesn't seem to do anything no matter how I ground it though, it's odd since I built all 4 the same way (but with the different resistors obviously).

viletim

Is that JRok encoder the arcade PCB -> component video thing? Does it have some pots you can twiddle?

blackevilweredragon

QuoteIs that JRok encoder the arcade PCB -> component video thing? Does it have some pots you can twiddle?
yea, three big ones..  ;)

im getting one of those too..

GUTS

Yeah forgot about those, I was just scared to mess with them since my other systems look great.  I think I'm just going to buy the S-video board from Grahf when he gets them done, I spent all day working on that Duo and I'm sick of dealing with it.  

blackevilweredragon

yea..  i got my JROK today, and for my Genesis, I had to crank the POTs up a bit, because it was too dark on my system (with 32X)...

Drewman21

Yo Dragon,
Thats sweet that you got yours finally.  I haven't even messed with my 32X with it yet but i guess that is next for me to hook up. Have fun with it!

blackevilweredragon

yea, the 32X works great..  but i noticed on DOOM, that when you use the BFG, there's weird vertical stripes (this the same Genny 2 strip issue?)...

overall, no adjustment is needed from Genny to 32X..