Game Glass for slim PS2 by Pelican

Started by nyder, May 08, 2007, 06:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyder

Anyone familiar with the Game Glass LCD Monitor for the PS2 Slim version?

It's basicly a 7" lcd screen that connects to the back of a slim ps2.

It says for use with the slim ps2 only, but of course I tried it on my fat ps2 and it worked.  =)

It has a normal/wide screen switch, a ps2 AV plug, and built in speakers & headphone jack.
It appears to plug into the back of the slim ps2 and then you use the powersupply of the ps2 to power it, but it also has a connector for a plug (typical DC type connector).

Well, I don't have a slim ps2.

So, what I am planning on doing is scrouging up an adaptor from an old ps2/psx.  I did that.
I was thinking I could take a multi console cord, with SVid & the composite & rca jacks on oneend and the various console adaptors on the other end.  I was going to cut the S-vid/rca end off, attack the correct wires into the ps2 adaptor, and probably attach the svid & rca jacks on the console plugs end.

Of course, that was before I started actually thinking about the specifics of things, and the fact that I was going to use the console cable backwards dawned on me.

So I realised that I wasn't thinking correctly (i'm a bit dyslexic, and not in the traditional switch chars around way), so I decided to get my facts down before I start this.

The point is I don't want to damage the LCD monitor, in case I get a slim ps2 some day.  This is why I wanted a ps2 av plug to plug it into.

I don't want to take the lcd apart.  I don't want to break it (not worried about the screen, but the plastic its in).  Which is why I'm asking if anyone's familiar with it,a nd possible know what chip is controlling the incoming signals?

I'm assuming it has some sort of rgb converter in it, which would mean I can probably just send the typical rgb and a sync(s).

Since I only have 1 ps2 av port, i'm only planning on making 1 cable/adaptor.  But I also need to have it input s-vid & composite.

I will take it apart if I have to, I'm pretty sure the screws are under the rubber pads, like most things are.

So does anyone know any info on it?  If not I'll take it apart and take pictures of everything if anyone wants to know whats in it.