N64 Overclock success!!!!

Started by Robert Ivy, December 31, 2003, 02:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imt77

I managed to set the clock at 3.0x and ran Majora's Mask for a little over an hour without any problems.

I know this has been mentioned before, but one thing to be careful with is lifting the pins off the board. I snapped my 116 pin right off the chip and ended up having to 'shave' the chip for a solder point.

I added some CPU thermal paste between the heatsink, RF shielding and the metal block spacer, but left the original heat pad between the spacer and CPU in place.

My 64 appears to be one of the late models. Serial # indicates that it was one of the last produced. (around 27 million) I believe it has NUS-CPU-08-01 printed on the board.

Edit: I have since found out that the solder joint had broken where the pin had broke. It was really running at 1.0x! (I'm surprised it ran at all with the pin disconnected) I was wondering why it seemed so sluggish over the past few years.

RobIvy64

Wow!

I've been here a long time  :o
"Console Mods" lurker

Shadow_Zero

I only just got triggered on the N64 overclock, via eBay.
This one has this mod applied: http://www.ebay.nl/itm/221201950999?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 ?
Or are there different methods these days and not one 'true' overclock mod?   ^^