X68000 ACE Error Message Gradius

Started by frankmonk, September 08, 2015, 04:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankmonk

Hello guys,

I am getting following error message while starting Gradius from my floppy out of Human68k.
can someone tell me what this error message does mean?

the other game I tested was Bomberman which is working fine.

I do have a PIO 1MB extensions installed

NFG

Looks like tinypic doesn't like linking like that.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2i6mcxz&s=8#.Ve63huGbOYY

frankmonk

I have attached the pic now

hyperneogeo

It's complaining about a lack of memory. Did you set the extra 1MB in switch?

frankmonk

sorry guys. this is my first x68000 and this might Sound stupid but how I am supposed to set the Switch?

hyperneogeo

X68000s are not as "smart" as modern computers. When you put in extra memory..they don't see it at all until you set it in switch.x. It should be on a Human68k system disk. You boot off the disk, type in "switch" and increase your memory from 1024 to 2048 KB. (On an Ace its default is 1024KB)

Edit: Also if your SRAM battery is dead (if you didn't change it), those settings will reset every time you turn your computer off and back on again at a later time.

frankmonk

thanks a lot! I will try later at home and let youknow

frankmonk

one more Thing!

I was told that my ace got a cpu mod installed which can be activated using a dip Switch.
is there some kind of Benchmark I can use to find out how fast it is? currently I do not even know if it is activated or deactivated

hyperneogeo

It got an overclock mod.  There are programs that check your current CPU speed, but you would either need to make your own floppy disk or have a flash hdd. Just see which games go faster when you flip the switch...probably easier that way.

frankmonk

I can write 5.25 floppies. how is this program called?
thanks

hyperneogeo

I think the one I know of requires an FPU or it won't run.

frankmonk

just to let you know that changing the Memory in Switch.x worked for me.
thanks again for the help