Worst joystick mod ever.

Started by NFG, November 02, 2006, 11:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NFG

So I brought four or five of these giant sega sticks with me from japan, and while going thruogh a recent urge to play my Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (EX +a +++ zOMFG) PCB I dragged one out to play on.

Well, this one had been modified to work with a neo pinout.

I thought I had done the mod, and wondered why I had picked such a weird button layout.

And by weird, I mean batshit insane.

Turns out the previous owner had done the mod, not me, and instead of just wiring up two DB-15 connectors and some cables, he had taken the PCBs from the neo sticks and put them in this giant joystick.

What the HELL was that for?  Why is there a complete NeoCD pad PCB inside this thing?  It's as pointless and unnecessary as anything I can imagine!!

So yeah, Mr. Retardo, wherever you are, you suck with the mods.  Thanks for the good laugh.

Matarick

You need to take pics and post it up on Something Awful or 4chan.  That modder is the meaning of the word FAIL

ken_cinder

Dammit I read this thread before, and never actually looked at the pics in the Wiki.

Those things use the same control panels as Astro City/Versus City cabinets use.
Lawrence, are you able to source those control panels from anywhere?
I have a Sega Versus City cabinet, and I would REALLY like to replace the control panels with original ones, rather than fabricate my own, as they are something like 1/16th sheet metal.

NFG

Yes, they do use the same panels as the Astro/Blast/Net City cabs.  Same as the Egret 2 and 3 also, IIRC.

They're not that hard to find in Japan, since many cabs came with custom ones and the old stick/button ones were removed.  Both Seimitsu still sells 'em new last I checked.

None on Yahoo auctions right now, I checked.