PS2 memory card access LED

Started by kripp, August 03, 2006, 04:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kripp

I added an access LED to my PS2's memory card, you can check it out in action here...

PS2 memory card access LED (YouTube)

Enjoy!

tomiecat23

Thats very cool, but how Could I do that?  I am teatching my self this kinda stuff currently. But i would like to do that for fun and some small experiance. I have plenty of old ps1 and about 4 ps2 memory cards. Ant tips from anyone would be great  thanks in advance

Tom

NFG

I know a guy who works for Sony.  He strongly advised against adding LEDs to memory cards, as it could quickly lead to malfunction.

Be careful.

tomiecat23

eww.. drat    well thought it would be cool..  tho  what about adding it to the port? I'm wanting to do some kinda mod with out killing my ps2 tho i ahve my old nearly dead ps2 that i can use as a test subject..

will look around more for ps2 mods.  google doesn't help i find mod chips :( jsut want case mods.. etc

kendrick

It's been my experience that the safest place to draw power on a PS2 is from the USB port. It's a versatile, regulated five volts, and nobody uses the USB port for anything. Of course, if you're trying to drive the LED status based on some other input, then you'll have to rig a relay or something to turn the thing on and off since USB power is always on.

-KKC, who is out of waffle mix, dammit.