sega saturn cd motor and mod chip help

Started by shadowfire36, May 30, 2006, 08:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowfire36

i  have a v2 saturn i  bought a mod chip from lik-sang a year and saturn was working fine .
after awhile i tried to fire it up and play it but the motor was moving slow.
i was shock to see corrision around the mod chip , so i cleaned and reinstalled;
the motor was moving slowly when chip was in place, so i took it out .

the system seems to work with out the chip so i thought my modchip was bad and ordered a new replacement .

i got the replacement and put in , but i noticed  Power is present at solder pad on mod board. I tested it directly to drive motor and it drives motor.This indicates motor is also grounded properly. I didnt use the green plug for power, I soldered into power supply plug (5 v). There is no corrosion at any of ribbons and they are facing the right direction. I also make sure 3 times each ribbon was pushed in all the way.

i dont know whats wrong and trying to get some direction on what to check next
casue the system works fine with out either chip
:ph34r:

FM-77

Why don't you use the correct power source instead? Does the Saturn use multiple voltages (3.3V and 5V, for example)? If so, you might've given the mod chip too much power.

shadowfire36

i ill try it but i dont see the relivance according to the install mods tuts i saw both say i could use where i tapped but ill do it anyway .
the 1 thing is that i had 2 different mod chips and the wires i used from the 1st chip i used for 2nd , and like i said it was running fine for a long time ,
it just started giving problems in the last month

Quotei  have a v2 saturn i  bought a mod chip from lik-sang a year and saturn was working fine .

Lawrence will be infuriated with your message because modchips doesn't have a place in his site

HE is anti bootleg :P  

ORTA