genesis pad on amiga

Started by rare_j, May 27, 2006, 07:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rare_j

Hello
My genesis pads works also on Amiga, but on the Amiga button B is the fire button 1 and button A is not recognised as anything.
I want to modify a genesis pad (that has turbofire switches) so that button A mimics button B.
This is so that on Amiga, I can have one button as turbo fire and one as regular single shot. This will be very useful for some games!

I had a look at the diagrams, but I just want to confirm that all I've got to do is cut the trace that goes from button A's resistor to pin 11, and instead connect that to pin 10?
Can it be that simple? (Unless you haven't noticed I'm quite ignorant of electronics and circuitry. )

:unsure:  

viletim!

I don't know what the inside of your pad looks like but if it's got and all-in-one chip that does encoding and autofire then I don't think modifying the pad will solve your problem (the best you'll get is button A acting as a clone of button B including autofire). I think you'll need and external circuit between the pad and amiga to decode the A button state and make it behave the same as button B or C.

rare_j

good thinking, I'm looking at a normal genesis pad, I've ordered a sega megafire off ebay but i didn't stop to think there might be extra chips. I'll probably be back for help when it arrives  :D