Little help with PS2 mobo

Started by Vladakabrent, May 26, 2006, 12:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladakabrent

So, I'm trying to make a PS2p, then, a fuse blew, and I never bypassed it. I figure it will be alright to buy a new mobo, but one question; I have a V14 PStwo, can I buy a V12 Mobo? Thanks for the help. K bye

FM-77

Why don't you replace the fuse instead?

Vladakabrent

Well, I tried bypassing it, but didn't work. I'm 99% sure that it is the PS14 fuse (The Reset Light will be red, turn green for a sec, then back to red; with nothing showing up on the screen) But when I tried bypassing the fuse that I thought (still think) was (putting solder over it temporarily) nothing changed, so I dunno. Theres no diagram for V14 Mobo, but if someone knew for sure which is the PS14 fuse, can ya show me, I really hate to buy a motherboard that might not even work or even abandoning this project.

FM-77

Take a look at this PDF-document (28,4 kB). I think you'll need catalog number "473.750" listed at the bottom of the page.

Solder this fuse ON TOP of the original fuse -- do not remove it from the mother board.

I would, but I want to make sure that I can find the fuse and bypass it; just to see if it would work. When that works, then I will buy a new fuse. Should I just buy a new Mobo instead?

Vladakabrent

Sorry, the above post was me. I was thinking about buying a broken PS2 from Ebay, see if can mix and match parts. But, if y'all find a solution and save me 30+ bucks that would be great.