Peculiar PS1 + Pelican Universal Stick problem

Started by o-o, May 13, 2006, 01:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

o-o

(large version Pelican Universal Real Arcade Stick, with grey Playstation 1)

All buttons and joystick stop responding and freeze, semi-frequently, holding the last button pressed (and joystick position.

Pressing the "Mode" button twice (on/off) re-sets the buttons/joystick functioning again.. for a little while.. (the Mode light is always kind of flickering/wavering, not solidly lit when its on, like the other smaller verion Pelican Universal stick I have..)

This only happens when Im using the stick with controller port 1 on the Playstation, all other controllers and even another (smaller version) Pelican Universal stick I have work fine in port 1, and rumble works fine on that port also.  Though the Mode light still flickers when the stick is used in controller port 2.

Any ideas?

Thanks

-Martin-

Quote(large version Pelican Universal Real Arcade Stick, with grey Playstation 1)

All buttons and joystick stop responding and freeze, semi-frequently, holding the last button pressed (and joystick position.

Pressing the "Mode" button twice (on/off) re-sets the buttons/joystick functioning again.. for a little while.. (the Mode light is always kind of flickering/wavering, not solidly lit when its on, like the other smaller verion Pelican Universal stick I have..)

This only happens when Im using the stick with controller port 1 on the Playstation, all other controllers and even another (smaller version) Pelican Universal stick I have work fine in port 1, and rumble works fine on that port also.  Though the Mode light still flickers when the stick is used in controller port 2.

Any ideas?

Thanks
My Pelican's LED flickers no matter what console I have it plugged into. :unsure:  

o-o

What version is it? (is it the large wood version with the back compartment, or the smaller wood version?)