Factorymade 8 pin cables

Started by Rockard, February 13, 2006, 08:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockard

Yes, I am planning to make some rgbcables for use with megadrive and modified pcengine-duo.

I need the cable to be factorymade at the 8 din-end (NOT mini-din btw), and then I will put a scart at the other side.

Why not make the whole cable myself? Well, factorymade are more durable I think, at least at the 8din end. They slide in much easier also! =P

Does anybody know about, well ANYTHING that used 8-din as standard, for something?
Preferably it should be black, also! Hate grey and yellow.

I guess the best would be if these cables were used in some sort of audio/video relation, as cables like that usually are black.

Thanks.

Midori

Why would it be more durable? Unless your soldering skills and the compontents you're using is awful then it should be just as durable or even better than factory made ones. If they slide in better it must be something wrong with the shape of your dins so pick them up, look at them, identify the problem, and do something about it. Shouldn't be so hard.

And no I won't answer your other questions because I don't have any pleasing answers to share with you.

And(sorry to you english people): Haha du �r svensk :) ... om du �r samma som han p� LMG iaf...

Rockard

Well, I don't like that those 8din parts are made of 2 halves of metal.. I want one solid construction. I guess those exists, but I haven't found one yet.

The thickness of the pins are not that easy to fix. It's just luck, I guess, to find a plug with a bit thinner pins..

Well Yeeesss, Midori, jag �r samma svenne ;P.

FM-77

LMG reunion. At GameSX.

Sorry to be off topic, it's just such a weird coincidence. ;)

-Martin-

QuoteWhy would it be more durable? Unless your soldering skills and the compontents you're using is awful then it should be just as durable or even better than factory made ones. If they slide in better it must be something wrong with the shape of your dins so pick them up, look at them, identify the problem, and do something about it. Shouldn't be so hard.

And no I won't answer your other questions because I don't have any pleasing answers to share with you.

And(sorry to you english people): Haha du �r svensk :) ... om du �r samma som han p� LMG iaf...
That really depends what you mean.
A Factory made one will be better than a homebrew one if it is really high quality stuff.
Hollow plugs can lose pins, a lot of high grade ones are filled completly with plastic (making them extra extra secure).  Not to mention the reduced noise and optional gold plating ^_^.