check it out here

-Segasonicfan
MY WEBSITE: https://segasonicfan.wixsite.com/retro
I design PCBs for retro game systems :)

NFG

You're fucking insane.

And I mean that in the nicest way.

Vertigo

Great, but you should definitely make an attempt to integrate the controller.

FM-77

Really awesome. I love your CDX too. Very interesting that you actually built in a memory card in that PS2. Great idea. You should integrate a 200 GB 2,5" hard drive in there as well. ;)

Endymion

QuoteYou should integrate a 200 GB 2,5" hard drive in there as well. ;)
This has been done.

atom

Wow this even better then the sega cd unit. I love how youre not afraid to use tape in your mods its pretty cool. 8/10 thumbs up
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

Segasonicfan

Vertigo- the controller IS integrated, you need to check the video to see (it's extremely sized down).  It also has the built in rumble and if you're suggesting I use tactile pushbuttons, I will not do this.  This ruins the control and essentially, the portable.

Seldane- glad to see someone remembers my CDX =)  I wanted to fit a hard drive in there (I actually have a 2.5" that would fit perfectly), but I can't do it.  This is v15 PSTwo and thus it doesn't have the required solder points for the mod (only v12-v13 does).  I was thinking about buying an older model, but then you have the laser problems with the modchip :/  and I much rather have a modchip than HD.  Plus, I was thinking about the positive aspects of adding this and aside from no loading in vice city there isn't much...I can already add a thumb drive for HD support and I can play any emus/homebrew through CDs.  =)

atom- actually that isn't electrical tape LOL everyone thinks it is!  It's actually a cut out varnished black sheet from a PS2 ad (the same as the logo decal).  I used it to cover the Zenith marking under it and I will possibly add another decal over it in the future.  It's not tape though (it's fancier I swear!) :P

I urge you guys to check out the video I uploaded on my site, it gives a much better look at the system and what it does.

Oh and Lawrence...I'd like to think I'm up there with you on the craziness---I will never get over the fact that you modded your HiSaturn Navi!! :P

-Segasonicfan

Endymion

QuoteI was thinking about buying an older model, but then you have the laser problems with the modchip :/  and I much rather have a modchip than HD.
If you get a v12 or v13 you can have BOTH a mod chip and an HD. Check out the hd combo link I posted. It only works on v12 or v13 models, and requires the use of a DMS4 chip, either Pro or Lite--if you use the Pro you can keep ToxicOS on its flash RAM which supports a lot more games properly than HD Loader. v13's are still all over the place everywhere I look for PS2s.

yes, i know.  there are reasons I chose against this though:

a) DMS chips SUCK.  I had one (DMS4) and it fried my system
B) v12 and v13 still have the laser problems and require diode/logic protection which hasn't been proven to work.
c) as aforementioned, the HD just doesn't add that much.

-Segasonicfan

D-Lite

I will also join the chorus saying "you're insane"!

I got to try the portable CDX first hand last year and it's really cool.  Pretty sweet cramming all that stuff into these!  BenHeck may make pretty units but these are infinitely more functional.  

Segasonicfan

thanks for the nice reply D ;)  I've actually made a few more updates to this system since this post....so the insanity continues :)  I also got myself a Neo Geo CD...I'm trying to trade it for an MVS right now though.

-Segasonicfan