MegaDrive 60 Hz mod

Started by kwyjibo, January 15, 2006, 04:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwyjibo

Firs of all, I have modded my PAL MegaDrive to output 60 Hz. All I have done is to cut the small track that connects pin 46 to other track. As I didn't want any switch to change between 50/60 Hz, this seems to be enough (can anyone confirm this?).

But, now, the picture on TV is displaced to the right. I don't know if it is my TV problem, but I'm almost sure it don't, as I connected other NTSC systems to it, and the picture doesn't show displaced.

Could anyone point me where can the mistake be? Now I'm using RGB, with composite video signal as sync. Could be corrected if I use the composite sync of the MegaDrive plug instead?

Thanks in advance

FM-77

It's your TV.

I have the same problem. My Saturn works great, my Gamecube as well. But when playing on PS2 and my PC Engine Duo-R (with RGB), the picture is displaced. It seems like it won't be possible to fix it.

kwyjibo

I broke my TV accessing the service menu, trying to solve that...

FM-77

You did what? Service menu? What do you mean? How did you break it?

In the newes TV, there is a hidden menu, wich can be accessed with a sequence of keys in the remote control. This menu allow you to adjust the geometry, just like in a PC monitor.

kwyjibo