Added the PS1 and PS2 pages to the Wiki

Started by RARusk, January 24, 2006, 04:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RARusk

I said many months ago that I would add page on the Wiki that outlined where to find the RGB and sync signals from PS2 motherboards. Tonight I finally added it to the Wiki. As a bonus I also added a page on where to find the sync signals on PS1 motherboards.

After making my little announcement about the page I lost momentum and stalled. But it was actually a good thing since in the meantime I picked up a SCPH-50000 PS2 unit (for about $40 at a local pawn shop) and a PSOne unit (from a local Goodwill Computerworks for about $10).

But now the pages are up and ready to be used by the RGB mod community. Tell me what you guys think.
Console hacking is like sex. For best results you got to know where to poke.....

Endymion

I linked your article from the ps2-scene forum here, you'll have to have an account to read (they try to avoid legal harassment from Sony) but it looks like an interesting variant. He has found a switch that disables the sync-on-green mix. Maybe a combination of these two methods would be ideal.