PAL SNES -> Playing Imports?

Started by ALeXiS, January 11, 2006, 01:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALeXiS

Sorry, I must be blind or something. But I couldn't find anything for modding PAL SNES Consoles so that they can playing Imports. Is there a guide out where I can see what I have to do and what I need?

Thanks! And please don't beat me if there is anything like this already around  :lol:  

FM-77

Not sure if there's such a mod here, but check out www.mmmonkey.co.uk, you can find a mod there.

(Is it allowed to post external links?)

NFG

Of course it's on GameSX.  It's an old old page though, so the pics are a bit blurry:

http://www.gamesx.com/importmod/sneslockout.htm

Don't forget to do this mod if you want to use import pads on a Euro SNES:

http://www.gamesx.com/misctech/eurosnescontrol.htm

And yes, external links are always fine, even if it's a slap in the face to me, a brutal insult, a loud declaration that I'm not good enough.  Fuck you!  <cry>

ALeXiS

Hmmm...

This mod will disable the lockout chip in the SNES, which normally prevents games from PAL territories working in NTSC territories.

But I want to run NTSC Games on PAL Consoles or is it the same way to mod?

NFG

It's the same chip doing the same function in both machines.

FM-77

QuoteAnd yes, external links are always fine, even if it's a slap in the face to me, a brutal insult, a loud declaration that I'm not good enough.  Fuck you!
I know you're being sarcastic here, but I didn't know there was such a guide here. If I had known about your mod, I would have linked to it instead.

NFG

Don't worry seldane.  I know my mods can't always be the best*, external links are encouraged if they do a better job than my own pages.

*or even sometimes**

**like, ever.

ORTA

I'm not patronizing you but your mods are the best Lawrence infact I modded a some of my friends  sega saturns to play imports by using your switchless/switchmod guide and also I'm planning to mod my sega saturn pad to USB but I don't have the USB pad to salvage the chip  :) yet

ALeXiS

I bought a already modded SNES at eBay (50/60Hz & Region Free Mod) so that I can see all wires and Chips in real to make my own mod easier.

I opened the SNES (modded) to compare it with my own SNES (unmodded).
What should I say? The PCB is completly different. The modded one is from 1992, my own is from 1995.

Is there any possibility to mod my SNES too?
Here's a picture of both PCBs (as you may notice, left: modded / right: unmodded)

Vertigo

You have a 1-chip version, obviously, which is the newer board revision.
I think there are threads on this forum that deal with the modability or not of that board. Do a search.

ALeXiS

Vertigo

There's a little button at the very top right of the page that says Search with a little magnifying glass. Ask that.

Kohza

I'm sure using a Soldering Iron on one of those chip legs will just carry the heat straight into the chip and burn it out?

ALeXiS

QuoteI'm sure using a Soldering Iron on one of those chip legs will just carry the heat straight into the chip and burn it out?
Errrrmm..... no :)