Lawrence's Official Philosphy

Started by NFG, January 04, 2006, 08:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NFG

Someone recently posted:
QuoteLawrence is about a handsbreadth away from screaming at me for posting basic video info on his board.

Just to be clear, I have no problem with people helping newbies, as long as no one expects me to do it.  There's a whole lot of information out there in the world wide intarweb, and if I dragged myself up from zero by doing my own research, so can newbies dammit.  

I don't consider it a good use of my time to keep answering badly-formed questions asked by people who are so clueless they don't even know what answer they're looking for.  I never have, that's why there are so few complete guides on gamesx, in favour of raw data from which anything can be built*.  In my opinion these fundamental tools are more useful, in the long run, than single-purpose applications.  Teach a man to fish, don't give him the cooked, seasoned fish on a plate with fries.

That said, I have absolutely no problems with people who DO want to hold a newbie's hand and get him started.  As long as it's not ME.  =)

*And this is why gamesx.com is never going to be popular.  Other people get the glory, but it's enough for me that they came here for the info they needed in search of that glory.**

**Actually, I want some glory too.***

***Lots of it.

Guest_Martin

And Lawrence deffends his image sucessfuly once again.
:o  

Vertigo

*showers Lawrence with lots of glory*

*pulls trousers up*

I'd actually quite like a cooked, seasoned fish on a plate with fries right now, seeing as it's nearly lunchtime and it's too cold to fish and I only get half an hour.