Two questions snes and psx

Started by Musty, August 09, 2005, 06:37:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Musty

question 1 :

Did any of you find it ultra hard to open your SNES for the first time? I got the correct screwdriver finally off ebay, and have been trying to remove some of the screws at the bottom of the snes, they come off a little, and then just literally get stuck no mtter how careful and straight i am with it! this isnt as easy as i though...what am i doing wrong?

Question 2 : Can a 4-wire mod-chip used with a psx be used on a psOne?

Thanks for your time guys

phreak97

1. i think you got the wrong screwdriver, or a shit one.. if you got the correct screwdriver, it should be even easier than if they were phillips head screws.

2. no, it cant.

NFG

Those screws are nastily made, if your driver's off-axis at all it'll just skip and grind teeth right off the bit.  Make sure it's as straight as you can, and maintain a decent amount of pressure against the screw.  

Also, as a tip, remember when you're re-inserting the screw that you should wind the screw BACKWARDS until it clicks into the thread.  Otherwise you'll be making new spirals in the plastic and you'll strip the shaft so nothing will grip anymore.

Musty

Ok thanks for the help guys, I am taking off the screw as good as I can, I know I have the right screwdriver its called the game bit or something (dont remember the exact name but it has the word 'bit' in it) The thing is it comes off, and when it looks like i can literally turn the snes upside down and the screw will fall off it doesnt come off at all, as if it still needs to be screwed off more...

NFG

That's fairly normal, a lot of times they'll just kind of 'hook' on the plastic.  Typically tapping it will make the scre fall out, but also pulling the SNES apart will tell you soon if the screw's just dangling loose or still needs to be turned.

MARC THE SCREEMING CAPS MAN!

HI!

I have a tip.. If you have two of those gamebit screwdrivers. Use the oldest one

and put a little super glue in the socket of the screwdriver ( and i mean a little )

next put it on the screw and hold it there for about a min then try unscrewing it.

This trick also works for striped screws. Flat or philips.

good luck!!

Musty

thanks for the tip i'll get back to you on that   :)  

MARC THE SCREEMING CAPS MAN!

HEY THERE,

MUSTY.. I WAS WONDERING IF THAT TIP I GAVE YOU ( ABOUT THE SUPER GLUE

TRICK) DID IT WORK?