News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Generation NEX

Started by Drewman21, November 03, 2005, 03:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drewman21

Just got a generation next from Messiah.  Kinda cool but i haven't even had time to even set it up with watching the new Office Space special edition and SW3.  But here is a few pictures of it.  Kinda cool that they are going to be sold as a racked item.  I'll post pictures of the guts if anyone is interested.  
Later

kendrick

Cool. Which slot is the NES slot, and which slot is the Famicom slot? This looks like the kind of gear that would result in Ben Heck having an involuntary bodily function occur. Slap a screen and a battery on this bad boy and you've got four-player wireless Gauntlet in the car. :)

-KKC, digging on Andamiro's Pump it Up. At home!

Drewman21

Sweet will do.  I need to get them hosted though.  Anyone know of a decent free photo host?  I'll take the pictures tonight and post them if anyone can let me know.

Just a side note on it though.  It would be cool to see if the video chip (whatever it maybe be) could be modded for other output. B)  Would be so cool.....

Drewman

Computolio

Is it too late to send it back?

You basically paid 60 bucks for $5 worth of Famiclone in a fancy package. Read here to find out more.

kendrick

Well, most Famicom clone machines don't have integrated wireless controllers or multiple cart format slots, and their manufacturers don't usually publish compatibility lists or flash ROM updates. As long as you're not collecting aluminum cans to fund your next meal, $60 isn't a wildly unfair price to me.

I'll concede that as far as pure functionality goes, there's nothing to distinguish the NEX from any other clone machine. But the presentation and the packaging are high class, and there's evidently a lot of love in its creation. The NEX is like Eliza Doolittle standing in a line next to ten cheap hoes... Don't judge her by the company she used to keep.

-KKC, who would also complain about the new movie 'Rent' here but one reference to 'My Fair Lady' is probably all the Broadway discussion this forum can tolerate. :)