News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

PSP Screen Lens MOD

Started by Guest_cloudd, October 22, 2005, 12:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guest_cloudd

I was wondering if anyone could think of a type of plastic which I could use to replace the screen area of the PSP that is scratch free. The would obviously involved cutting.

I was thinking something similar the the PC Engine GT screen Lens. The PCE GT never got any scratches on it, it was a tank.  I always used my sirt on it too. I would have to say it was the best screen lens used in all the portable consoles soo far. It is still scratch free today.

kendrick

I always thought that the PCEGT/TurboExpress unit avoided scratches on the screen because of the large raised lip around the edges of the screen. I don't believe that it was a function of the lens material in any way.

The replacement of the screen lens might not involve any cutting at all. Several of the game magazines took apart an original run PSP, observing that the top plate is all one piece. So the real solution would be to manufacture a replacement for that whole top of the shell, out of whatever lens material you prefer to use. I imagine this is the sort of thing that Ben Heck would get off on doing.

-KKC, who sees no reason to own a PSP yet.

NFG

Just buy a screen protector.  Six bucks.  Abuse, replace.  Six more bucks.  Easy. =)

Guest_cloudd

I am positive it is a harder plastic on the TE & PCE GT.  I always wipe my Turbo Express with my shirt and it looks brand new no scratches and I have had it for years. I just got a psp and it has tiny shit scratches all over it and I haven't done anything to it but wipe it with the cloth that came with it.