Dreamcast games that only work with PIN 7

Started by vkp_ashley, December 25, 2006, 08:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vkp_ashley

As you may know, certain dreamcast games won't display in RGB mode at all. Out of all my 163 Dreamcast games, only 2 won't work with RGB... Timestalkers and Gigawing 1. The other 161 games all work with one exception, a hand full only work with PIN 7 grounded instead of PIN 6. To get around this little unfortunate problem, I put switches between both PIN 6 to GND and PIN 7 to GND. That way you can select what type of mode you want. Here is my list of games that only work with PIN 7.

Atari Anniversary Edition   
Cleopatra Fortune      
Crazy Taxi 1         
Dead of Alive 2 LE      
F1 World Grand Prix      
Giant Gram 3         
Half Life         
Hello Kitty Magical Block   
Hundred Swords         
Midway Arcade Hits Vol. 1   
MSR - Metropolis Street Racer   
Neo4All AES         
Nester            
Noiz2sa            
Ooga Booga         
Plus Plum 1         
Puyo Puyo DA         
Rainbow Cotton         
Silver            
SMS Plus         
Soul Calibur         
Space Dodger version 1.0   
Starlancer         
Virtua ON OT         

All these games are back-ups, some are homebrew and some have IP.bin(s) that were modified from their original form so that they could display on a VGA-BOX. If you are curious on how this is done, just post a question and I'll help as best possible. Personally I got all the information on HOW TO do the VGA patching from Googling the net. I hope this information has been helpful.

kripp

I had built myself an RGB cable for my Dreamcast and was quite disappointed to find out that all of my 2D fighters would not display in this mode.

I was even more disappointed to see that unlike the beautiful RGB quality I get on the Commodore 1084, this console/cable looks very blurry on my Sony PVM-2030. Not sure what causes that, perhaps the capacitors on the R/G/B lines?

Looks like I will be opening up the RGB cable this evening to add a couple switches and do a little trouble shooting.

Thanks.

Edit: I opened up my RGB cable and added a couple of jumpers to enable/ground pins 6 and 7. Not to sure what was going on with my previous blurry image, but now the image is crystal clear. I am now able to get a couple of 2D fighters booted, as well some other games that would previously not boot with only pin 6 grounded. Was a good way to kill 45 minutes or so, but now I am bored and need something else to do!

viletim!

My third party SCART cable grounds pin 7, not pin 6. I've always assumed it was the same with Sega's official cable. Are there many games that don't work with pins in this configuration?