The Curse of the GBCam...

Started by Lucretius, August 26, 2005, 03:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucretius

I'll make this simple and concise. I am very clueless about what I am going to ask here, but here goes nothing:

I bought a Game Boy Camera. For those of you who don't have one, let me say: "These things rock!" They are versitle and as a photogrpahy who works solely with BW film, this is a nice little thing. Anyway, I never did like how I could only get 30 pics on the thing. I want more. More, I tells ya! So here's my thought:

How possible would it be to create an external flash drive, connecting through the link port? You could use the transfer option to put pics on it. I don't want this to be:

-Another GBCam: I already have one. I need storage.
-A compter: I know they have the pc link, but I don't have a laptop, and I don't think you can put images back on the Cam with that. For modding
and what not...too big anyway...

One setup I thought of (purely conceptual) in a little boc. On the box is a set of 3 buttons and 30 dip switches. The order files are loaded onto the drive would correspond to their switch. The buttons are Send, Recieve, Delete. There would be a small LCD screen for letting the thing tell you what's going on with it (*Sending*, *Recieving*, *Deleteing*).

Just thought I'd mention what I thought. I waswondering, though, if someone could help me out on this.

Thanks
-Luc

PS: Nice Smilely  RTFM  

!you

I think dumping/writing the entire sram of the cart would be easier

Also, sorry I made one too many spelling errors. It's late and I'm getting sick. To clarify one part:

photogrpahy=phototographer (light artist! ) :P
boc=box (er, boxen, for those who've heard Brian Regan)

Thanks again!