Source for deep *plastic* female DB15 connectors?

Started by kyuusaku, August 05, 2005, 12:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyuusaku

I'm looking for a source of DB15 connectors suitable for Famicom/Neo Geo controller use. Does anyone have a clue as to where they can be purchased still in bulk online?

viletim!

Have you tried RS Components and Farnell? If anyone sells them it'll be on of those two. Premium prices though :/

NFG

I purchased PC controller extension cables, molded plastic on both ends, very good quality.  Cut off the male end and the female end worked a treat.  I could get them in Canada for about $5, and could find them in Akihabara for about Y700 (though they kept raising the price, bastards).

kyuusaku

QuoteHave you tried RS Components and Farnell? If anyone sells them it'll be on of those two. Premium prices though :/
Neither appear to have them. Just standard shielded ones purchaseable at Radioshack.

QuoteI purchased PC controller extension cables, molded plastic on both ends, very good quality. Cut off the male end and the female end worked a treat. I could get them in Canada for about $5, and could find them in Akihabara for about Y700 (though they kept raising the price, bastards).
I've tried that too, except I always get either stubby fat connectors that must be squeezed into the socket or ones that don't reach at all. Another problem with those extensions is that many sellers butcher "Y" cables to make them.

DarthCloud

QuoteI purchased PC controller extension cables, molded plastic on both ends, very good quality.  Cut off the male end and the female end worked a treat.  I could get them in Canada for about $5, and could find them in Akihabara for about Y700 (though they kept raising the price, bastards).
Where can I get those cable in canada?

phreak97

i used an official sega extension cable.. that worked fine.

kyuusaku

Since when did Sega make DB15 extension cables? -_-