Simple Upscan converter?!

Started by Segasonicfan, September 09, 2005, 01:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Segasonicfan

I could be very wrong about this, but it seems to me like this may be a solution to upscanning rgb on consoles for vga use:http://ps2vga.modchip.sm/pics/ps2Vga_FINAL_DIAGRAM_NO_GREEN_SCREEN.jpg

If this works for PS2-VGA I don't see why it wouldn't work for other systems to work on VGA.  Or is this just a splitter of the C Sync and the PS2 already upscans the signals??

-Segasoncifan
MY WEBSITE: https://segasonicfan.wixsite.com/retro
I design PCBs for retro game systems :)

NFG

Here's a helpful clue for next time: if it doesn't do anything with the RGB lines it's not upscanning the signals.  If the RGB signals don't double in rate then you can safely assume they're doubled from by the system.

Flash2000

Lawrence, the pic is from a Site intended to have VGA from a LINUX PS2.  Looking at this, it takes the sync form green and divides it into a Vsync and an Hsync.

Close but no cigar.

But good if you want to get sync off of green though :)

EDIT, closer inspection of the Site DOES allow you to get VGA but from the PS2 hardware, Good call Lawrence

viletim!

QuoteLooking at this, it takes the sync form green and divides it into a Vsync and an Hsync
Nah, not even that. The '1881 only spits out Csync and Vsync. That circuit (assuming it works at all) doesn't need the inverters either, VGA monitors are happy with both positive and negative sync.

recommending 220u caramic is a bit silly...

RARusk

Since these guys are into modchipping (with the O2Modchip I think), and therefore adept at dealing with PS2 motherboards, they should be pointed to the topic I have here on how to get all of the necessary signals (red, green, blue, hsync, vsync) off of the PS2 motherboard. It would be far better that what they are doing now.

However, if using a new PSTwo unit you would probably need to use something along the lines of a Vdigi VD-Z3 since you can't get the signals off of the new boards.
Console hacking is like sex. For best results you got to know where to poke.....