News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

SNES problems

Started by Musty, July 23, 2005, 10:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Musty

Hey, I'm new here so sorry if this topic is in the wrong forum, I've had a few problems recently with my SNES:

Firstly, I noticed there are these green streaks across the screen, which move up and down the screen very slowly, and are transparent so they make any character or object in a game look green when they pass through them/it, any ideas what the problem may be?

Another problem, well, this could be with the snes but could be with the game cartridge...I recently been playng Donkey Kong country and the game sometimes resets itself randomly at particular intervals of play...it doesn't happen with all my games thgouh...any idea what the problem could be? I own a PAL SNES and play PAL games by the way if anyone is gonna reply with detailed description, thanks a lot for your help,

Mustafa.

Vertigo

Does it happen with any of your other games or game systems at all?
What are you using to view the SNES? RF, composite or RGB?
Have you tried your DKC cart on another SNES?

well, the "green streaks" thing happens with all snes games, the random resetting i find only happens with dkc, it did once happen with killer instinct aswell which lead me to think that the snes was the problem, i have not yet tried the dkc cart on another snes, is there anyway of being able to identiy the problem and fix it? Thats if there is a problem, thanks.

Musty

Quotewell, the "green streaks" thing happens with all snes games, the random resetting i find only happens with dkc, it did once happen with killer instinct aswell which lead me to think that the snes was the problem, i have not yet tried the dkc cart on another snes, is there anyway of being able to identiy the problem and fix it? Thats if there is a problem, thanks.
(Sorry that was me (Musty) just now forgot to sign in :unsure:   )

Also I'm using an RGB scart cable with my snes, which i also use for my n64, and there's absolutely no problem there... the same thing with the green streaks happens when i use an RF with my snes aswell