Mitsubishi Megaview XC-2935C

Started by Endymion, June 24, 2005, 04:19:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Endymion

Okay, this just arrived, at 149 pounds it is a lot heavier than the three other monitors of the same size I own. But it looks to be worth it--unlike my NEC XM which can do VGA, this one has a much more variable resolution. I'm not so sure about that 1600x1200 spec there but I will be testing it all out later. (It's going to rock all ass if it can do that, of course!)

It should do composite video so I can leave the LM1881 to my NECs. The price is nice and it cost another 180 to freight it to my location.

RGB32E

Have you tried hooking up any arcade PCBs to the XC-2935C via RGBS?  If that's possible (and you have arcade boards), you wouldn't need a Micomsoft XRGB2!!!  

The owner of the company I work for is selling CTX 27" XGA monitors (model MS2900) for $200.  There are 3 left, and they have less than 40 hours of use on them.  The only main downside is that it doesn't have any sort of scan converter (for NTSC/ect).... but it does have a XGA input on the front as well as the back (and audio).  Plus... I won't have to pay anything for shipping.... ;P  So... I'm curious to know how your new monitor performs!  I noticed that the eBay seller has 27" NEC units on auction.  Are those the same as your other "NECs"?

Endymion

I have two NEC monitors that I've posted about here in the past, the NEC CM-2791, and the NEC-XM . . . something, can't remember its full number. But it is not the same as the one that seller has. The CM can only do composite sync and RGB (along with composite video via BNC), the XM on the other hand can do all that plus s-video and VGA, similar to the Megaview I just got. The NECs look superb, and composite on them, provided it's used with a good cable, really looks nice, there's none of that rolling zipperlike effect along vertical edges that you tend to see via composite going on. The RGB of course is even better for them, but then I have to deal with taking out the video. I got my NECs for a better price than that but not by too much (about 150) so I would say it's at a pretty good price point, presuming nobody snipes on it.

RGB32E

The main thing that I am interested in is if the new Mitsubishi will take 15.75kHz RGB.  The monitor I'm looking to pick up only has two XGA inputs and does not accept anything below VGA timing (31.5kHz).  So if I wanted to hook up arcade games (or consoles via RGB) I would need to get an external scan converter, such as the XRGB2.  Thats why I'm wanting to know if the Mitsubishi will accept 15.75kHz on the RGB inputs or if it is limited to composite/s-video inputs.  If the RGB input can accept the 15.75kHz scan rate... I might just hunt down one of these units!

Endymion

The Mitsubishi takes 15KHz RGB, I thought that was abundantly clear. It does it all. The NEC XM series does this too, but it has to have the sync--not the video. So the Mitsubishi is a little easier to work with. The video quality on the NECs, it should be said, look as nice as they possibly can with whatever source however. Colour me shocked that it displayed composite as well as it does.